How RTS Works
WHAT IS RENT THIS SHACK
How RTS Works is not complicated. Rent This Shack is merely a web-based vacation rental property service that connects those that want to enjoy the lake with lakeside vacation properties. Rent This Shack does not own any of the listed properties, we merely act as a third party connecting Guests with lakeside property Hosts.
PROPERTIES THAT WE LIST
Our focus is only on the beautiful midwestern lake life. We do this so that the vacation seekers know that they are looking only at lakeside properties and services, nothing else. Rent This Shack only list a property that is lakeside related, such as the following types of properties.
- Ice House Rentals (sleepers, wheeled, skid or daily use)
- Lakeside Vacation Rentals (cabins, shacks, or other lakeside rental properties)
- Lakeside Resorts and Lodges
- Fishing Guide Services
Individual profile accounts on Rent This shack are Free for the Guests. Having profiles accounts for Guests and Hosts allows the full usage of all the features that we provide and improves security for the site. That is how RTS works to bring all the elements to everyone.
BENEFITS FOR THE GUESTS
The bright idea for Rent This Shack (RTS) came from our frustrations as a Guest. It took way too much of our time trying to locate the next place to stay on our angling adventures. We wanted the following features all found on one site, and that is what we have created.
- Property listings searchable by Map, making it easy to search lake to lake
- Online availability calendar to easily see if a property is available when wanted
- Quickly send a booking request for a property listing (we provide instant and reviewed booking)
- Secure internal messaging between the Guest and Host
- No need to learn how to navigate multiple websites
- Property reviews and verification
BENEFITS FOR THE HOSTS AT RENT THIS SHACK
We wanted to make hosting with Rent This Shack easy for our Host. At Rent This Shack our Hosts are our Customers. Without the Hosts, Rent This Shack would not be able to exist. So we make it our highest priority to take care of our Hosts. To make this possible we provide every Host with the following benefits for their use.
- Online Reservation Calendar
- Online Reservation booking for your Guests
- Choice of Instant or Reviewed Booking process to use
- Property pins on a Searchable Map
- Secure Messaging between the Guests and Hosts
- Guest pay Hosts directly, no waiting on payment from RTS
- Invoice generation
- Each Listing allows
- Photo area
- a Video from YouTube or Vimeo
- Detailed description area
- Variable pricing for weekdays, weekends or individual days
- Ability to integrate with other Vacation rentals site’s Calendars
- Amenities list
- Many more options for our Hosts
- Personal Profile to manage reservations, multiple listings, and calendars
How RTS works by just taking these steps to start your Listing or Listings with Rent This Shack.
- First, create a Profile Account (From a PC click on “SIGN UP” in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. From a Mobile device, click on the cogs and under the Login button, click on “Register here.”
- Next, you can start adding your property by filling in the fields or click on “Add New Property from your Profile.
- Fill in all the different sections for each of your listings.
- Make sure you save after each section.
- Then, one of the staff members from Rent This Shack will review, invoice the Listing, and if they have any questions, they will contact you by email.
- Once the review process is complete, the Listings published, and the Host can manage the listings from their Profile.
- Then, based on which the Hosts choose which booking process used emails are generated and sent for every booking request. This emails sent to the Host’s email on file which states that either a reservation is made or one is ready for review.
- The Host will then be able to review the booking request, accept or reject the application, generate an invoice and message with the Guest.
- At that time, Rent This Shack is no longer be in control of the Reservation. It is up to the Host to communicate with the Guest to receive a deposit to guarantee the reservation and to accept the final amount due to the Host.
- Finally, upon the date of the reservation, the Host performs the Hosting duties that they see fit and welcomes the Guest to their rental.
RTS has provided the Guests with two booking request types, instant and reviewed. The Host gets to decide which process they wish to use with their Guests.
To instantly book a property the Guest fills out the BOOK NOW form found on each property listing. Fill out the start and end dates requested, the number of guests and any other options will secure that reservation after clicking the Book Now button.
The reviewed booking starts similar to the instant booking process. By filling out the BOOK NOW form. Completing the form sends a message to the Host for review. Upon Host review and confirmation the Guest will be contacted to complete the booking.
Additional Help for How RTS Works
For more help check out any of these links.